The 33 Forever Scholarship In Honor of Danielle Leedy
- A $1,333 one-time award (payable directly to the college) to one high school senior at Lexington (Ohio) High School and Ontario (Ohio) High School (1 at each school) for the purpose of pursuing post-high school education. It is awarded based on the criteria below (not financial need).
Scholarship Criteria & Application Requirements:
- Minimum 2.0 HS GPA (must include official transcript)
- The applicant must be attending a 2 or 4 year degree-granting accredited institution the following school year and must be seeking a bachelor’s or associate’s degree (identify institution and program to be pursued)
- A written essay describing either: (1) an obstacle the applicant has overcome OR (2) ways in which the applicant has had to demonstrate resilience OR (3) how a mental health issue/challenge has affected someone the applicant may know. It should also describe how the above has impacted the applicant and the applicant’s future or how they live their life as a result or why they are the person they are. It should also describe the applicant’s future goals or aspirations – both short and long term.
- A description and/or demonstration of the applicant’s involvement in a community service project or program or some other activity supporting others in the community (required).
- A listing/description of the applicant’s school, community and/or work activities during high school.
- An online Application can be found here in this link to the Google Form https://forms.gle/2SJRjXgvMZBPbowt8 . Please note that a transcript and essay are required in addition to this Application form.
Applications must be received by 33 Forever on or before 5:00 pm, April 15 by hand delivery or mail to: 33 Forever, Inc., 1 Marion Ave., Suite 215, Mansfield, OH 44903. E-mail submissions are also accepted at firstname.lastname@example.org on or before the same time. The online application Google form can be submitted electronically.
Scholarship recipients will be selected by the 33 Forever, Inc. Board of Directors (or an appointed committee of the Board) and will be announced at each school’s senior awards days preceding graduation.
33 Forever, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation based in Mansfield, Ohio. For more information about 33 Forever and Danielle Leedy, visit www.33forever.life or the 33 Forever Facebook or Instagram pages.